Friday, March 12, 2010

Future Useless - Available now for download!

Hi there,

This is my writing Blog.
I just published my first Novel: Future Useless at Smashwords.com.

Sales are okay for the first two weeks and my own slow marketing campaign.
12 books so far and 46 sample downloads.
Hopefully the samples will turn into sales! Here's me keeping my fingers crossed!

My first review is in- 5 out of 5 stars! ***** pretty good for my first novel.

I've been submitting press releases and begging online review sites to review it for a free plug, but so far no bites.

One thing I was proud to do was that I was able to send out emails to my favorite authors and invite them to read the book for free! I didn't ask for anything in return, but I've heard back from three of them thanking me for the offer and I hope that others will get around to checking it out if they want to.

I'll be starting out on my next novel soon.
I let my daughter Anita pick the next one out of a hat filled with the working titles of all the books I have in my head and computer.
She picked a good one and now I have to write it. She's only seven-years-old but she knows enough that writing a book and selling it are a big thing to me and her mother. She also knows I love writing and for the last few years I've been a bit hollow without the ability to put my thoughts down somewhere.

Well, time to take a break. I've been at my computer desk for 4 hours now and I need to rest a bit before I start writing my latest book.

My next work is titled: Super Human and it follows a Minor Super hero trying to be a dad to his step-daughter and teach her right from wrong in the best way he can.
In a way it's about immaturity, parenthood, immortality, morality, good, evil, heroes and villains and how the last two are not always mutually exclusive.


No comments: