Friday, May 21, 2010

Failure is not an option - It's not even a reality! Check it!

Re; The Kickstarter Project
The reason I say "Failure is not an option " is because it isn't - and I proved that today.

The Reality of the situation is this: Today I went and dropped off 5 copies of the book in various colors to the store Watermark Books & Cafe here in Wichita, Ks.


The reason failure does not apply to this project is that the fact of the matter is that I will make it to the Magic Number of printing and Selling 1000 copies of this book with or without this project.

Last night I ordered more toner for my printer. Tomorrow I am buying more card-stock for covers. When I look at the books, I am spending about $2.00 in materials to make each book. I sell them for a minimum of $10. (I think that's a more than fair price for a limited edition hand-bound and signed copy of the book- btw)

1000 copies of the book will come and go in time. I will write other books and probably bind and sell them too if I don't get a publisher to take them on either.

This Project would be a great boost to that goal, but it's not a pitfall should I not reach it with 37 days to go and $4880.00 (98%) to go. In fact, as I keep looking to market and get the word out on the project I'm selling more books online and have more downloads of the book samples than before it stared. I'm seeing a sharp increase the web-traffic at Smashwords.com.

It seems seredipity is working uphill here and selling the digital copies instead of pushing downhill to make paper copies.

If you want to back the project then that's fine. If I can't make it work, you pay nothing! If I do, you get a reward if you chose too!

Also, I am going to start the rewards at $1.00. Yes, for $1.00 you will get your name printed on a "thank you" page in the back of the book - read that as really tiny print. Additionally, if you donate and send me an SASE I will send you a hand-made and signed bookmark with the Future Useless Logo on it in one of several random colors!

Don't worry! I'm still workin' this thing like a hooker during fleet-week, but don't worry if we don't make it - It will happen eventually, and thanks for tuning in to check it out!

W. A. Patterson

No comments: